Best Hygiene Practices for Restaurants During COVID-19
Is your restaurant open and serving during the pandemic?
If yes, you’ve got to follow these hygiene practices in order to assure the safety of your customers!
Read below to learn how you can safely handle food and deliver it to your customers without putting their health at stake.
How to Manage Operations at Your Restaurant During COVID-19?
If you own a restaurant, you must’ve faced multiple shutdowns, lockdowns, and other restrictions due to the pandemic. But the Pakistani government has now allowed the opening of the top-tier as well as small restaurants in the country.
Serving food to customers requires patience, skill, and most importantly strictly followed hygiene practices. Because, its your duty to keep your customers safe from all sorts of diseases and viruses.
Here’s how you can manage your operations during COVID-19:
- Instruct your employees to wear a mask at work and maintain a safe distance between themselves and with the customers.
- Instruct your employees to inform management if they’re experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Get the surfaces and equipment disinfected and frequently cleaned with disinfectants and a kitchen tissue paper roll.
- Start temperature assessment of all your employees everyday prior to starting work.
- Emphasize frequent washing of hands among your employees. Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash, thoroughly clean, and sanitize surfaces that come in contact with food. Also, disinfect your dishware, utensils, beverage equipment, and food preparation surfaces after use. Get tissue for kitchen use and regularly clean all items of common use.
- Frequently disinfect surfaces that’re the most touched by employees and customers, such as door knobs and handles, reception desk, etc.
- Discontinue salad bars, beverage service stations, and buffets because they require customers to gather at one spot and use common utensils or equipment.
- Establish designated and proper pick-up areas for customers and encourage them to maintain social distancing
- Instruct your delivery boys to practice social distancing when delivering food. Offer “no touch” deliveries to your customers for their and your employees’ safety.
- Keep your raw foods properly separated from cooked and ready-to-eat items in order to prevent cross-contamination.
- On a routine basis, thoroughly clean coolers and insulated bags that are used to deliver foods.
Additionally, don’t forget to get COVID-19 test reports of your previously sick employees before calling them back to work. in this way, you’d be able to assure that all your employees are completely healthy.
However, there may be asymptomatic employees and customers, who’d apparently be fine, but can become the reason of COVID-19 spread in your restaurant. In such cases, proper cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment is the best possible method of keeping your employees and customers safe.
All in all, running a restaurant during pandemic may not be the easiest thing to do, but it’s completely possible if you follow the right procedures and guidelines.